Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Off-Season Scores ~ 1st Linky Party!

Attention, all 15 of my followers: KatrinkaJane is starting a "linky party" for Off-Season Scores!

"Self?" you wonder, "Why don't I remember seeing Off-Season Scores on this blog before?!" No, no — don't chastise your subconscious mind. I just invented it. When I saw some darling little ceramic bird ornaments in Target for 25 cents after Christmas, I immediately thought of Beckie and Sarah. Then I realized that, inevitably, we all find treasures at post-holiday sales that others might like to hurry and snatch up as well! If we share our squeal-worthy finds right away, we can tip off our readers (Hi, mom!) as to which stores' Chaos Bins™ are worth digging through.

When you have a successful shopping trip hitting the after-Christmas/Easter/Valentine's/Independence Day/Thanksgiving/etc. sales, post about it on your blog and link up here. Whether it's just a single item or a whole trunkful, show us what's out there! It'd be great if you also shared some tips in your blog post for where to look and what discount you found, as well as any creative ideas you have for using your seasonal/holiday finds in non-seasonal/holiday crafts (see my "Birds & Baubles" in linky spot #1, for examples).

Time to link up! If you don't have any pics handy, you now have an official excuse to go shopping in order to get more linky party fodder. ;) Each party is good for a CALENDAR MONTH (until the next holiday's clearance), so spread the word!

All I ask is that you put KatrinkaJane's Off-Season Scores button in your post or on your sidebar, linking back to this blog. (Please don't just start your own OS linky party.) Thanks! The code for this button is below, and also available on my sidebar.




P.S. If you have a brilliant "linky party" idea and want to make a custom button, I recommend the tutorial at Oikology 101.


Off-Season Scores for January 2010:

0 comments: